Most of the people who are already suffering from the pain of fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome. Syndrome is another form of chronic pain that affects the face and jaw, including myofascial pain, the entire body . Myofascial pain of fibromyalgia can be added to already troublesome symptoms and may contribute to the quality of life and disability if not diagnosed correctly. If you think you may be suffering from myofascial dysfunction, ask your health care provider to discuss treatment options.
What is Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial syndrome is a disease of the muscles in the body affects the fascia pain. body fascia, bone, tissues, organs and surrounding blood vessels such as a network. Myofascial pain syndrome attacks and the resulting fascia in certain areas with chronic pain can cause a variety degeneration and other symptoms.
General bodily pain, subcutaneous, to feel as small nodules myofascial trigger point call (trps) occurs in a specific area. These trigger points in the muscles usually develops during a person’s normal body fascia.
Myofascial pain syndrome is a very common disease, and most people will develop at least one trigger points in your body at some point in their lives. Most of these people will develop severe symptoms and can continue their normal routine. However, persistent pain and discomfort, resulting in about 14% of the population will develop a chronic syndrome.
Myofascial pain disorder is very common in fibromyalgia patients. This myofascial pain syndrome was originally thought to be a kind of fibromyalgia. However, such is not the case anymore known. It is important to be diligent you can analyze your symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial syndrome and reason. If you notice symptoms of myofascial syndrome, note them and tell your doctor.
Signs and symptoms of myofascial pain syndrome
The most common symptom is the presence of myofascial pain is felt in the muscle trigger points . Trigger points are usually tapes hypersensitivity areas and muscles beneath the skin is created. It is similar to fibromyalgia tender points caused only trigger point can be felt under the skin.
When I touched, trigger points produce pain and muscle spasms. Usually the pain is felt really affected in a different area of the trigger point referred pain called it.
Myofascial pain is usually a dull pain, but also stinging or burning, can produce a throbbing sensation. pain in the jaw region is usually, but any body portion may be affected. The two reports of having pain throughout the body thirds, one-third to localized pain reported suffering pain myofascial pain.
Myofascial pain may seem unrelated many other symptoms, can produce various kinds. These include:
- numbness in the extremities
- Snap joints
- limited movement of joints, especially the chin
- muscle weakness (manifested in leaving things)
- Migraine or headache
- disturbed sleep
- Balance problems
- Tinnitus and ear pain
- double vision or blurred vision
- Memory Problems
- unexplained nausea, dizziness and sweating
Symptoms usually exacerbated by certain factors. There can be uncomfortable and stress and anxiety trigger points that contribute to muscle tension. Sudden cold, high humidity or weather changes may also improve symptoms, including excessive dryness. Physical activity may also trigger symptoms.
myofascial pain syndrome causes
There are numerous causes of myofascial pain
muscular and skeletal problems
Myofascial pain disorder that causes numerous and may depend on the individual syndrome. Generally, myofascial pain is caused by trauma to the body and skeletal muscle type. muscles that results in the development of a trigger point on the power may cause damage in some areas.
Poor posture can trigger the same time myofascial pain in certain people. the feet, legs, fingers, or different sizes of skeletal abnormalities, may also contribute to the development of myofascial pain. frequent cold exposure may increase the risk of chronic myofascial pain syndrome development.
Fibromyalgia Chronic Pain
people with fibromyalgia syndrome fibromyalgia, myofascial pain can be a result of their pain. usually leads to the formation of trigger points, compensate the reduced movement or poor posture can cause pain.
Fibromyalgia causes severe pain also causes muscle contractions around the soft spots. As a result, these muscle contractions cause of fibromyalgia trigger points are created in addition to soft spots.
Depression occurred with fibromyalgia
Depression associated with fibromyalgia may also cause myofascial pain develops. at least 30% of patients with fibromyalgia, the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain leads to low levels, depression, suffer. Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that regulates the mood and body aches are responsible. Depression can interfere with the process of regulating the SDM cause pain.
SDM effects on fibromyalgia
There can be quite annoying at times both myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia. myofascial pain and fibromyalgia produced with very similar symptoms, so it is difficult for medical professionals to correctly diagnose many people.
More accurate diagnosis without symptoms to be worse, they may not receive proper treatment of a patient. In addition, it can contribute to pain due to myofascial pain Fibromyalgia enjoyed making the often difficult life.
Do not over-medication in traditional medicine
Antidepressants and / or anti-anxiety medications just in the United States each year, with more than 250 million prescriptions written and growing, is the most common drug prescribed for both chronic pain. Therefore, it is not surprising protocol treatment of myofascial pain syndrome and parts of others.
a drug gains popularity in recent days in the treatment of chronic pain syndromes methadone . Methadone is reported to be up to 20 times more powerful Vicodin or Percocet makes methadone is a much more dangerous drug.
Tizanidine (Zanaflex) is the recommended place to another common drug for nerve pain. One of the most dangerous side effects, potential interactions with other drugs with potential liver toxicity.
The most common advice is simply pain management doctors offer patients this (drug) related syndromes learn to live. And many doctors often even have any side effects like upset, acupuncture, chiropractic, nutrition, holistic treatment options and advice against other, we do not offer much hope for pain relief.
nutritional deficiencies associated with myofascial pain
pain syndromes such as:
- Myofascial pain syndrome (chronic myofascial pain)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Restless legs syndrome
All work you connect these conditions with nutritional deficiencies. And there is as flawed as chronic pain in people with forward three nutrients: magnesium, D, and vitamin B12 are.
Natural treatments to relieve myofascial pain
While modern medicine, myofascial pain medications particular suggests, there are a wide variety of home remedies and natural treatments can benefit options.
Note that the search for alternatives to keep the pain and stress free before everything retroalimentativo infinite loop and confirm what is done to keep your mind busy elsewhere in a more painful.
– vitamin D deficiency or hypothyroidism is often associated with this condition, therefore, it is an important part of the treatment regimen of these shortcomings. The body’s own vitamin D, vitamin D supplements to help in the morning sun to synthesize enough in treating the disease may benefit received. Make sure your diet is rich in iodine.
– simple stretching, strengthening and postural exercises including physical therapy can be very helpful.
– Such teeth with essential oils such as lavender aromatherapy and massage body is considered very useful. massage to relieve spasms and cramps and helps to loosen tight muscles.
– Homeopathy has a deep interest in myofascial pain. several times a day taken in low doses and time again Homeopathic remedies, namely RHUT and Rhus Tox is very effective.
– happy to keep therapies, located in a good mood and hormones such as oxytocin and endorphins that produce happiness. Moreover, intense and keep doing the things you love to do each and every day doing exercises, dances, sings walks, creative therapy makes you want to reserve an hour. Note that in mind that most things are something that reflects your body.
– Acupuncture is an alternative method for the treatment of myofascial pain naturally help to alleviate the symptoms. At the same time, previously, it can provide relief from the negative side effects of drugs used by patients.
– Our body Magnesium is a mineral needed to run more than 300 biochemical reactions. He was both strong bone structure and protects the immune system also helps to keep the heart rhythm steady, supports our muscles and nerves is to operate normally makes. Spoon liquid magnesium at night and in the morning before going to bed.
– calcium and phosphorus absorption of this vitamin is important minerals for bone health because it helps in good condition as it was necessary to protect the teeth and bones, make sure you get the proper dose of vitamin D. Hence the lack of vitamin D can cause osteoporosis and poor functioning of the nervous system and muscles.
– Use iodized salt and so on shrimp, fish, seafood such as algae to increase the uptake
– Diet fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, essential oils Omega 3. Avoid processed and refined foods, make sure the rich. This can cause myofascial pain, reduction of alcohol intake.